It seems that Trisquel does not generally remove or replace anything from
Ubuntu unless it is proprietary or facilitates installing proprietary software.
Since systemd is free software, it will probably be present in Trisquel as long
as it is present in Ubuntu, starting with Trisquel 8.

If that's a deal-breaker for you, you can either stick with Trisquel 7 for the
duration it is supported (until March 2019, I think) or switch to a different
freedom-respecting distro that does not use systemd. Some options include
Hyperbola, Parabola (offers both systemd and OpenRC ISOs), GuixSD (still in
beta), and Devuan (optionally free like Debian). It sounds like Salix is not a
freedom-respecting distro. I'd avoid it.