The problem seems to be particularly bad with .wma. I also have a bunch of .m4a files I want to convert, and I was able to convert a test file to FLAC, MP3, and Vorbis, but the UI was still buggy with MP3. The first time I hit the 'convert' button it did nothing but create a message saying "conversion done in 0 s". So I tried hitting the button again, and this time it popped up a couple of error dialogues saying "could not open resource for writing", but then successfully carried out the conversion.