My wife has a Mac (running El Capitan), which I can use (with her permission) to test the MacOS instructions. We no longer own any devices running Windows (yay!), but I'm sure there are GNUbies out there who still have a dual-boot, or run Windows on a separate PC. Anybody willing to do some testing and help update the wiki if needed? It would be good to make sure the instructions work for 2000/XP, Vista/7, and 8/10, with separate instructions for different versions if needed.

Burning .ISO to CD

I note that the code of Infrarecorder, the app recommended for burning the .ISO on Windows, doesn't appear to have been worked on since 2012 according to its GitHub repo:
https://github.com/kindahl/infrarecorder

There is a FOSSHub page last updated in 2014, which suggests it worked then on all Windows versions from 2000 > 8:
https://www.fosshub.com/InfraRecorder.html/

Similarly, the Burn app recommended for burning the .ISO on MacOS hasn't had a new version released since 2011, and I could fine no sign of the developer moving it to another forge:
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/burn-osx/files/)

Since the goal is to help a user transition to a fully free OS from an OS they're already running, why not simply give instructions for using the default disc burning software in that OS (per version if they differ)? Or if there isn't one, the most common disc burning freeware for that OS? That way the instructions are more likely to stay up-to-date, regardless of the fortunes of free code Windows/ Mac apps.

Making Bootable USB

The Windows instructions for making a bootable USB recommend the Universal USB Installer from PenDriveLinux. According to the homepage for that program, it now requires Vista or higher to work: "Windows Vista/7/8/10 or WINE to create the USB (Win 98/XP/2K WILL NOT Work!)"
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/#button

The devices running these older version are more likely to have a CD-ROM drive, and also more likely not to have a BIOS that allows booting from USB. It might be good to include a note under the 'Boot Media' section of the Installation Guide page, advising people running these older versions of Windows that the USB method may not work, and recommending they install by burning a CD.