Hey onpon, it's good of you to say this, and I'm happy to be part of a community where we value being friendly and welcoming, and where it's ok and earns respect to admit when things go wrong. Respect.

For the record, I sympathize with the point you were making. As you know, I'm pretty good as laying on the rhetorical flushes myself, but in hindsight, I think just stating the facts about the genders of past names would have made your point for you. I didn't know many of the past names were female, and it was good to find out. Thanks to you for sharing the knowledge, and to Fil for making the comment that allowed the knowledge to be shared :)