Thanks Magic. I appreciate your response.

Booting back in works fine. But I feel like some things may be semi-broken if the installer says it could not complete... I will update this thread with pictures of the behavior I find post reboot.

=== OTHER SEMI-RELATED ISSUE ===
By the way, on my other Trisquel laptop, a Macbook Pro 17inch from mid-2010, I installed Ubuntu 14.04 (to get EFI booting on a Mac), then I Triquelized it and then tried to upgrade to Trisquel 8. There were issues. I rebooted and the Trisquel 8 GUI seemed to have issues like no spacing between menu items and the try icons are very large. I will add screenshots of my experience with this in another thread. I was just wondering if you have a sense of what may be happening. Are there any expected issues with upgrading from a Trisquelized system?
=== OTHER SEMI-RELATED ISSUE ===