"there isnt enough information from the original poster to troubleshoot anything"

Exactly; this was my point. :)

"working directly for the free software foundation"

Maybe you have me confused with someone else? I have never worked for the FSF. Trisquel's fearless leader Rubén a.k.a. quidam does; he's here: https://www.fsf.org/about/staff-and-board

Obviously anyone can run (or not run) whatever software they want. And: That obviously includes systemd as well, since it's also software. This is so obvious (to me) that I don't think it needed to be said but there it is.

The same goes for whatever distro someone uses since that is, also, really a collection of software.

But: One should at least be honest about the reason that they're not using a given program. Or leaving a distro. "I just don't like it" is probably a valid reason but there is probably a more descriptive underlying reason beyond "I just don't like it." But: Blaming a program for system crashes or other problems seems not so much. Because, with troubleshooting, that can be proven to be an objectively a true or false thing. But there seems so much dislike of systemd (or perhaps that's only my perception due to the adage about squeaky wheels) that it automatically gets blamed for everything by default. In this case the thread seemed to start off with an automatic blame of systemd for their computer's ills.

If they'd left with "I'm leaving Trisquel because I just don't like systemd" I probably would not have commented at all, but of course that isn't their stated reason. Their stated reason isn't that they don't like systemd but because it's causing their system to crash. I'm not sure how they arrived at that conclusion because, as you agreed, there isn't enough information to go on.

"I will post here again if I more confident that it was in fact systemd" seems to help confirm that they don't even know that it was in fact systemd. Maybe they don't have the necessary skills to do the proper troubleshooting (but the collective Trisquel community does) but they're jumping to that conclusion and it's being blamed as the cause as if it were nonetheless.

And so: The second part of my original message was intended only as a commentary on this "blame systemd by default" thing and not to be condescending (or anything else) to anyone. I'm sorry if it came across that way.