Hello, this is my third post, I am new to Trisquel8, I installed it on an old laptop HP ProBook 6555b.

After first solved problems I got to use wifi and now I found another issue: system is working a bit slowly and it takes a little delay time when I even write, internet browser it is slow too. I have been investigating and it looks like I should try a lighter desktop environment. I tried to use lxde but even installing it was not appearing as a choice in the login screen(as people say it is the common situation), indeed there was no button to select any choice... Then I installed another desktop environment I found, xfce, just for testing if that one would appear as a choice on that non-existing(then) menu and it happened I got succesed, next to my login name it appeared a trisquel button showing two choices: MATE and XFCE.

So I thought it was something related to lxde installation, I uninstalled and installed again with no luck. I found a web telling about this exact issue, it looked like the repository by default when I typed "sudo apt-get install lxde" was not properly working or not having the full stuff, so I went to the official lxde web and they recommended adding a repository to my system, I did it just by typing: "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lxde/ppa". I uninstalled lxde and then I installed it again with "sudo apt-get install lxde". And this time it worked! I logged out and the I could see MATE, XFCE and LXDE! And even another one calle OPEN... (I don't remember, I will edit later)

Maybe 99% of you know this procedure or could think it is a very newbie thing but I was not able to find it on the forum neither the web, so I decided to post it here, maybe some other users could have the same doubt. It is a micro contribution but it is all I can do by now.