> E: Unable to locate package python3-gpg

This package isn't present in Ubuntu 16.04 or Trisquel 8. I tried
several ways of getting it and ran into problems. I can't afford to
spend more time on this today. You could ask the dev for build
instructions for Ubuntu 16.04, or just do this:

$ wget
https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/8.0.4/tor-browser-linux64-8.0.4_en-US.tar.xz
$ tar xf tor-browser-linux64-*_en-US.tar.xz
$ rm tor-browser-linux64-*_en-US.tar.xz

You can now launch Tor Browser with

$ ~/tor-browser_en-US/Browser/start-tor-browser

but you probably also want to be able to launch it with a single
terminal command and/or from menus and launchers.

To be able to launch it with a single terminal command, run

$ echo "/home/$USER/tor-browser_en-US/Browser/start-tor-browser" >
~/.local/bin/tor-browser
$ chmod +x ~/.local/bin/tor-browser

and you will now be able to launch it with

$ tor-browser

To make Tor Browser appear in menus and launchers, create and edit with pluma

$ sudo pluma /usr/share/applications/tor-browser.desktop

and copy/paste the text below, replacing both instances of "chaosmonk"
with your own user.

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=Tor Browser
Comment=Tor Browser is +1 for privacy and -1 for mass surveillance
GenericName=Web Browser
Keywords=Internet;WWW;Browser;Web;Explorer
Exec=/home/chaosmonk/tor-browser_en-US/Browser/start-tor-browser
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=/home/chaosmonk/tor-browser_en-US/Browser/browser/chrome/icons/default/default128.png
Categories=Network;WebBrowser;