I have now successfully installed Tor by your instructions. After you spending so much time on it, I am almost embarrassed to say that I did know how to install Tor the 'normal' way. But I didn't know your trick to add it to the menu. I ad to manually make the /bin/ though.

Still, I will much appreciate a solution to the torbrowser-launcher since I wish to use it myself and it is a lot more convenient and convincing for others (even less knowledgeable than me).

Once again, thanks a lot for your efforts.