Two options seem to exist, Coreboot + me cleaner...

or libreboot.

At least as x86 goes...

Otherwise its Risc-V future or ARM within reason of course...

OR powerpc if you have a lot of money.

Those are your options for newer technology I believe.

Although some of them probably won't be enough if you want to do gaming. :/

But yeah, avoid AMD like the plague, and intel gen4 and beyond unless intel me is completely neutered and wifi card is free software friendly.

Even intel gen3 is somewhat questionable though.

Zerocat.org sells some coreboot laptops with gen3, but make sure the intel me is disabled as much as possible. :)

X230 is the only one I would get though, as it is stripped down a lot. and then there is this:

https://tjheeta.github.io/2018/07/15/thinkpad-x230-coreboot-power-usage/