> chaosmonk - how do you feel about the fact that the government was so
> heavily involved in creating and financing Tor? I've always been wary of
> it - wondering what your opinion is.

Are you implying that it could be a honeypot of some kind? If so, that's
something I worry about a lot with many VPNs, but less so with a
decentralized network running on free software. I would guess that the
US military funds Tor because they use it themselves. Their involvement
is not something to ignore, but it is also not a reason to reject Tor
any more than it is a reason to reject the Internet. If the Tor network
did not provide effective anonymity and privacy from the US government,
I think that things likely would have gone differently for Edward
Snowden.