I see, so they are quite recent incidents. I think that they should censor only some articles which are inconvenient for them, if they want to keep especially strong economy. 10 years or 20 years later, the difference of amount of knowledge between Chinese people and not censored countries people would be a wide gap.

> I could ask friends outside China to download the contents, encrypt them and put them in a hidden partition on a portable hard disk,

This is the symbol of inefficiency of the system. But it is derailing from the main topic, as always. I would raise a new thread about education...