>I can't reproduce this. When I right click on the desktop or Caja and immediately release the menu pops up and remains there until I press Esc or click elsewhere. No options get selected unless I then click on one.

After checking again both on the desktop and in Caja, it seems that a very short click causes the behaviour you describe; slightly longer holding before release causes the behaviour I have described. Knowing this makes it much less irritating.

>then clicked "Options", went to "Switching to another layout"
>[…]
>Is this the correct behaviour?

Yes. My mistake, sorry. I must have overlooked that item when I hastily read the list of options. Иoш iт woякs, except of course for Hangul, but I've already found out and how to do that (see here).

>You can't have a lock screen without a password to unlock it.

Hah, right. When I wrote about the issue, I didn't know whether there is an easy way for live system users to set a password – yes, there is – and whether setting a password will cause the lock screen to prompt for it – yes, it will.