Yes it is.

I knew this was not developped anymore.

OK, I could have done a tar.gz installation rather than a ppa install.
I know the general opinion about ppa here and to avoid it.

But some great historical libre softwares like Inkscape have their own official ppa on their official site to get newest versions.
https://inkscape.org/release/inkscape-0.92.5/gnulinux/ubuntu/ppa/dl/

So, yes. Don't use PPA's because you don't know what can become to the licence. But when it is coming a great software that have millions of tutorial, and you know the licence won't change (until all specialized news on Linux, blogs and forums, even here on the Trisquel forum, would talk about a eventual change of licence)... well, why not use this PPA ? This would be... stupid not to use it when avaliable.

But peerguardian also stands on ip blocklists that have to be upgraded as well.

So what do you mean by that ?

Is the use of an non developped is a risk of security even with upgraded lists ?