My thought was - even if you assume Dennis has everything as correct as the laws of mathematics (which I'm not an expert enough to verify) - you still need to create new math text books every now and then to meet the needs of the next generation of students, to express math in terms people can grasp, and to find better ways to teach math. That doesn't mean you throw out the works of the mathematicians who discovered it all. You preserve them for posterity and to help researchers.

But imagine if we were still using the same math text books the Romans had!