Hi Paul,

How are you doing?

I must confess I completely missed this reply you gave at the time. It
probably was because the 'subject title' of your reply was identical to the
one I sent so I filed it thikning it was my own. But, anyways, I luckily
found it while reviewing these answers. I'll just put down your last

Your quotes:

"There seems to be a major occlusion that I have yet to see anyone

mention.  You are a body, mind and spirit and I want to narrow this

by having you look at your body only because the toughest part to

confront is how you or anyone has been overwhelmed through their body."

(...)

"Skipping down to here ... as a body, a beingness in a game with other

bodies and beingnesses, what would be an overwhelm to you and also to

others?  I'll start you off by asking ... what about an illness like

a common cold or a knock on the ol' noggin?  Can a cold be an

overwhelm of degree to you or someone else?  Can you now come up with

other overwhelms such as this?  ...  Good, name them."

------

Regarding the first comment, I'll avoid commenting directly on it because
I've yet to get any direct reality on spiritual experiences; but I think I
understand part of what you meant.

Let me give my definition of a True Overwhelm (you used the term 'overwhelm
of degree'), as far as Level 4 is concerned, which I got from information
scattered throughout TROM:

A True Overwhelm must contain

1. A Postulate failure

1. a) Over something important (Contains an absolute of 'Must' or 'Must
not')

2. Adoption of an opposition postulate or of its complementary postulate

2. a) some part or the whole of this postulate shift goes out of conscious
recall

3. I'm supposing by the commands of L4 there's some distinguishable
sensation/emotion/clue specific to it

Regarding your 'getting a cold' example:

For a bad cold you would feel incapable of being cause of some sort,
because your body is overwhelming you with pain and tiredness + the threat
of worsening - this would be the postulate failure part - but for it to be
a true overwhelm it would have to cause a shift of beliefs also. I tried to
come up with an example of this below:

For a normal person in decent tone range you'd need a really bad cold or a
long sequence of colds to have an overwhelm, like this:

"For some reason I feel like I can't become an athlete as I always wanted
because it seems I'm too susceptible to colds; or because being an athlete
is causing me colds and threatening my body's well being" - so I decide I
won't be an athlete anymore.

For a really low tone person one simple cold could be overwhelming or
perhaps even kill him.

Another example would be being rejected by a women, 'feeling terrible' and
generalizing that you can't be attractive to women or some type of women.
(not sure whether this is totally a mental overwhelm)

Are these the type of examples you meant?

And finally, I'm sorry if I'm trampling your thought order but is what
you're trying to say that one should focus on physical-body overwhelms
first and how that feels? And how or through which devices would a
spiritual being be overwhelmed through his body and such?