DAVEH wrote:
> I explained that the Spaniards destroyed most of the
> recorded material. But L Taylor Hansen (no relation,
> and not LDS as I understand) wrote a book: HE
> WALKED THE AMERICAS.

The ebay auction was closed by the time I got to it, but I found the book
online at the following link:

http://www.wovoca.com/he-walked-the-americas/

About the author, do you know anything about her?  The little bit of
investigation I have done thus far shows her to have been associated with
Science Fantasy groups.  Have you read this book yourself, or do you just
reference it because other Mormons reference it?  I have often found that
Mormons often reference works without having read them seriously themselves.
I hate to spend money and time going down a dead end road.  This has all the
looks of a "dead end" to me, but I will reconsider if you have read the book
and found it credible and compelling.