Michael D:  Just a couple observations/questions to ponder here, guys:

1. I would think that ...Be ye prefect as your Father which in heaven is perfect...  is an injunction not a definition. The question to me is what is perfection? A clear definition (based on scripture) might help there.

Glenn - Whether it is an injunction or a definition doesn't change anything to my understanding.  In order for it to be an injuncton one must understand the word perfect.  Here perfect is used as God is perfect.  No one is perfect as God is perfect.  No one.  The perfect movement has redefined perfection or lowered the meaning of perfection to mean less than perfection..

2. Was Jesus perfect? If so, when did He become perfect? Was he perfect at 5, 10 , 15 yrs old? (Again, this goes back to the definition of perfect).

Glenn - Jesus was perfect.  Jesus was always perfect.  He never ever sinned.

3. Will God require us to do something that we are unable to do through Him?

Glenn - This involves a thorough study of the book of Galatians.  It is the doctrine of imputed righteousness.  I just don't have time to go into it.  Because I am covered with the blood of Jesus, God looks at me, sees Jesus' blood and counts me as perfect.  God doesn't look beyond the blood.  I would recommend the "Teacher's Outline and Study Bible - Galatians ".  Leadership Ministries  Worldwide, PO Box 21310, Chattanooga, TN  37424 The Preacher's Outline & Sermon Bible

4. Is perfection assessed on the entire span of one's walk with God, over a specified time frame,or at a given point in time? And can one fall below this perfection and then regain it?

Glenn - "Be ye perfect as God is perfect".

I think this looks at some practical issues re this topic.