From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:TruthTalk-owner@;mail.innglory.org] On Behalf Of Marlin Halverson
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 1:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Courtesy of Lamar, a Net Friend

Dear Izzy,

I assume that this forum is based upon some sense of God ruling the
universe, and what he reveals, and what we seek.

Human conflict must be viewed through spiritual discernment.  Even those
who
do not have this faculty exercised and strong may use the lists in Gal.
5 as
a guide to identify the motives of men.  The carnal intellect alone can
do
that with these lists, but tuning in to the Holy Spirit is a more
excellent
way.

Lies have a purpose.  The purpose is to serve the one originating the
lies.
Duly manipulated, purveyors of the lies either blindly or knowingly
perpetuate the lies to the same end.  I have seen lies showered over
martyrs.  But the martyrs, a Greek word that means witnesses, must
always
hold to the truth.  This takes discernment and effort.

There is the truth of an attitude and spirit behind such jesting.  The
attitude is based upon superficial understanding of the evidence.  Such
understanding is judgment.  But we must have righteous judgment, or
judge
not at all, that we be not judged.  Put the evidence on trial.  This
takes
diligence and work.  Without diligence and work, truth will not be
appreciated.

Again, ask who benefits?  Who benefits from the conflicts?  Who serves
that
power?

With Love,

Marlin

P.S.

"And why didn't you answer my questions?"

I am not your lord that I should be telling you what to think.  The only
answers that matter to you are the ones that you are at liberty to see.
What matters is what your Lord reveals to you.  The more you see, the
more
sorrow you will have.  The more you see, the more you will be judged.
Jesus
did not always give a straight answer to explain what He could see.
There
were reasons for this.