On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 08:41:17 -0500 "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
[Laura:]
>>Converts of Paul's  who were defecting  and Judaistic teachers who were
>> adulterating Paul's gospel.

[DavidM:]
>I do not agree..that the Judaizers who were adulterating Paul's gospel were
>kicked out of the church.  What verse in Galatians says that?

let's not overlook that Dr GT has at least alluded to an important point:

acc to Galatians, below, there were true and 'false brethren'

(they were) NOT, however, in the Galatian 'church' (singular--DavidM's word), but in the Galatian 'churches' (plural), the Ap. Paul's word for the Galatian Christian fellowship/s

[ftr, 'church', as DavidM misuses it in reference to the NT, above, underlies/defines (contrary to the NT) his idea of the inclusive ecumenicity of TT 'fellowship' (which has nothin to do with the tha Ap Paul's concept)

and ftr, hr is forcing this TT model on the NT

to refine the thought, DavidMs idea of TT is ecumenical religious democracy--nothin wrong with that

interestingly, 'conservative'/republican Izzy has thoroughly adopted DavidM's 'church' concept in toto--at least DavidM believes she has and she has confirmed Davidm in that belief, that TT is, despite the conservative political rhetoric, basically a liberal ecumenicity

i'm not opposed to it, to wide 'ecumenical' discussion/s, but PLEASE do not confuse that ecumenical'dialog' model with NT/Pauline Christian 'fellowship/s']

(back to the issue) so does anyone want to dialog on the VALID biblical point, above, or, from another angle, who on TT wants to argue (against the NT) that the Ap. Paul made 'false brothers' (like Marlin, acc to Dr GT) feel welcome in the Galatian churches?

keep in mind, in america we all may be welcome here..
heretics
complimentedconservatives
Judaizers
Nazis
Mormonleathersalesmen
flagpoleclimbers
prochoicers
gayandabortiondrmurderers
dylaniteswithoneheadlight...

but Galatians teaches that "Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like..they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

merry christmas   G

--
for reference:

Gal 1:4,5NIV
This matter arose because some false brothers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might remain with you.
Gal 1:4,5KJV
..because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: to whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.