I'm not even dignifying this one with an answer!   I will spend my time doing something worthwhile for the kingdom of God!  Laura
o/ !HALALU Yah! \o/ Greetings in the Matchless Name of YahShua !!

>Pledging to the flag is a personal thing.

That's just what homosexuals, abortion supporters, and a whole slew of other sinners say!

>I think it is my responsibility to respect my country and the authorities and I think that is biblical.

Lots of people "think" lots of things are biblical but that don't make it so.  II Timothy 2:15-22

>I pledge to the flag and am proud that I do it.

Proverbs 16:18

>As for McDonalds    -  hard to do the gramma thing and avoid that one totally!

Not if you truly LOVE The SAVIOUR!  Proverbs 16:17

>Also  if you don't patronize them then don't go to Home Depot or Dillards either -

No problem there.

>   AND  I'm sure there are more!

Will you so hastily reject them also?  Proverbs 16:16

>Like hotel chains that have the option of seeing porn on the TV !

You do that?  SHAME ON YOU!

>We could get really legalistic here.  Laura
-- Matthew 7:13

"Stick and stones" etc.  Chris
-- Matthew 7:14