The point is that these Pagan practices are forbidden to God's people, yet "Christians" have adopted them.  Unfortunately, "Christians" drive people into cults where they find shelter from such Pagan syncretism, practiced by "Christianity."  "Christians" love to have it so.  At the same time "Christians" throw out the good things that God gives us and call them "bondage."   Go figure.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 9:48 PM
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Origin Of The Fish Symbol <><

            The adoration or veneration of the fish emblem (or any image) is clearly and emphatically forbidden in Deut. 4:15-19.

Marlin,

            Unlike pictures of saints, etc, I’ve never known of Anyone who “adored or venerated” the fish image. Have you?

I also don’t understand this persistent drive of some of the authors of articles you send to ascribe evil intentions to common Christian beliefs and traditions.  This seems a lot like Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, and similar cults who constantly are trying to tear down Christianity by impugning everything about it.  Are you in agreement with any of these cults? Can you explain their motivation?

            Izzy