Of course there were images of birds and angels in the Temple itself. So I take it to mean we are not to make graven images for worship.  However, if you’ve ever had a photo made of yourself I can see why the Lord would prohibit this evil practice!  J Izzy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of little children of Jesus Christ
Sent:
Sunday, February 23, 2003 11:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [TruthTalk] The Holy Spirit speaks by and with The Word

\o/ !HALALU Yah! \o/

Greetings in the Matchless Name of YahShua !!

"As we were cleaning our house of pictures we thought we were through except for some large boxes very heavy as they were filled with books.  We were so tired, we asked the Lord of them, one by one, rather than try to lift them to look on the bottom of each; this He showed all right, and this one, and this one--but this very bottom one He showed dark and gave references to Deut. 4.  We with much labor got to it, turned it up and there was a picture of a fish.  We turned to Deut. 4 and there finding GOD'S WORD:

'Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves: for ye SAW NO MANNER OF FORM on the day that Jehovah spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire; LEST YE CORRUPT YOURSELVES and MAKE YE A GRAVEN IMAGE IN THE FORM OF ANY FIGURE, the LIKENESS (picture) of ANY beast that is on the earth, the LIKENESS of ANY winged bird that flyeth in the heavens, the LIKENESS of anything that creepeth on the ground, the LIKENESS OF ANY FISH'-----

there it is, named right out by name, 'Don't make a picture of a Fish' and that was exactly what we found on the box He showed dark and gave this chapter!  Is not this indeed grace ABOUNDING?"

Excerpted from 'The Prophetic Word' circa 1924

John Quincy Adams, author

Baylor University summa cum laude graduate

Graduate studies at Southwestern Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas

Pastor, Dallas, Texas Southern Baptist Church

Regional Education Director for the Southern Baptists over Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas

Professor of History; Greek; and Latin