Glenn wrote (April 4, 2003):
> Now, my conclusion is this: if Marlin wouldn't take
> a stand against Hitler for a long time, then I have
> to conclude one of two things.
> 1.  He secretly backs him. Or
> 2.  He doesn't know much about Hitler.
> If this is true, Marlin is not to be taken seriously.
> He make an idiot comparsion of Christians and Hitler.

Slade,

My take on the discussion is that Glenn & Marlin have different
definitions of the word "Christian" and basically misunderstand one
another.  I was actually stronger than Marlin in saying that Adolf
Hitler was a Christian.  By Christian, I mean that he professed a faith
in Jesus Christ and was a member of a Christian Church, namely, he was
Roman Catholic.  At the time of his rise to power, the Catholic Church
and many Protestant churches supported him, much like this same group
protests the war in Iraq right now.  However, this does not mean that
Adolf Hitler was a true follower of Jesus Christ.  I believe that
Hitler's destiny is the same as Satan, the lake of fire.  You see, I
have no problem saying that most Christians are going to hell.  I do not
see the word "Christian" as defining anything with truly following
Christ.  The word "Christian" defines a religious system which attempts
to follow Christ, but there are so many sects within Christianity, and
not all of them truly walk in his doctrine.

Following is an extract of some of the posts from December 2002 when
this discussion took place.  Note that this only represents what I
considered to be relevant excerpts from the discussion and not the total
discussion.  For example, there was a lot of flaming going on, and I
don't consider that part relevant.  I think if you read the posts, you
will see that Marlin does not think Hitler was a good guy.  Rather,
Marlin thinks Hitler was a bad Christian.

Marlin wrote (Dec. 27, 2002):
> Dave M.: "Why is it that any of us feel any need
> to defend Christianity? Why not instead simply
> serve the person, Jesus Christ?"
>
> Amen --Marlin
>
> Dave M.: "In any case, someone needs to let Glenn
> know that Marlin doesn't believe Hitler was a true
> Christian.  That ought to set some things straight there,
> but I myself am in hotter fire now by arguing that
> Hitler was a Christian, even though I add that he
> was someone who did not truly follow Jesus Christ.
> :-)"  Amen --Marlin :-)

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.