Laura:
God has given you overwhelming evidence in His word.  He has told you how to gather with other believers and be the Church.  He has spoken. You simply won't listen.

Terry
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2003 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Practical Issues relative to House Churches

In a message dated 8/2/2003 4:37:57 PM Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Hi Laura,
Welcome back!

You wrote: "I still am happy with my present church and have no problem with
you worshipping in a "home setting".  Whatever floats your boat!   I would
have a problem if you said home churches were the only way to worship."

Dear Sister, Is our "happiness" with a situation the benchmark that should
guide us in our Christian lives and walk with the Lord and His people?  If
Abraham had said to the Lord, "I'm quite happy here in Ur of the Chaldees,
I'd rather not head off somewhere in the desert not knowing where I'm
going!" or "I'm quite happy to stay home and not take Isaac up to mount
Moriah", do you think he would have enjoyed the blessing of God on His life
that God had intended?

In like manner, thousands of Christians are quite happy to stay within a
situation that is familiar and comfortable even though they are well aware
that many things about that situation are contrary to scripture.

I think it was you who said that if you found that your church held false
doctrines, you'd soon be finding another church. But you haven't responded
to my questions about many false teachings and practices that you have
indicated are held and practiced in your church.

There is a massive difference between happiness based on a familiar comfort
zone and joy that is based on obedience to what one knows God has convicted
them about in His Word.  The safest, most secure, and most joyful place in
all the universe is the place of obedience to Him.

Here's a very funny but serious song about someone who is concerned to
maintain their comfort zone and totally unwilling to obey the Lord if he
should call them into the unknown....

PLEASE DON'T SEND ME TO AFRICA

O Lord I'm your willing servant
   You know that I have been for years
   I'm here in this pew every Sunday and Wednesday
   I've stained it with many a tear
   I've given you years of my service
   I've always given my best
   And I've never asked you for anything much
   So Lord I deserve this request

   Chorus:
   Please don't send me to Africa
   I don't think I've got what it takes
   I'm just a man, I'm not a tarzan
   Don't like lions, gorillas, or snakes
   I'll serve you here in suburbia
   In my comfortable middle class life
   But please don't send me out in the bush
   Where the natives are restless at night

   I'll see that the money is gathered
   I'll see that the money is sent
   I'll wash and stack the communion cups
   I'll tithe 11 percent
   I'll volunteer for the nursery
   I'll go on the youth retreat
   I'll usher, I'll deacon, I'll go door to door
   Just let me keep warming this seat

   Chorus:
   Please don't send me to Africa
   I don't think I've got what it takes
   I'm just a man, I'm not a tarzan
   Don't like lions, gorillas, or snakes
   I'll serve you here in suburbia
   In my comfortable middle class life
   But please don't send me out in the bush
   Where the natives are restless at night

Are homes the only place to worship?

Of course, homes are not the only place believers can worship the Lord!
Saints can do it beside a river (Acts 16), they can do it with their backs
beaten and bloodied in stocks in filthy prisons (Acts 16),  they can do it
as a little band of travelling evangelists in a room of the lodging house
where they have their temporary abode (Acts 20), they can do it as lonely
prisoners on board ship with a mob of unbelievers around them (Acts 27).

But you will search the the new covenant scriptures in vain to find saints
gathering in temples, sanctuaries, auditoriums etc which they have bought or
built for the purpose! You will search in vain to find new covenant saints
gathering to listen to a clergyman preach them a "sermon". You will search
in vain to find new covenant saints tithing to pay the salary of their
clergyman or the mortgage on their sanctuary. And you will search in vain to
find any flock of sheep in scripture hiring their pastors, paying their
pastors' salaries or firing their pastors!  Those are all the
responsibilities of the Owner of the sheep!

New covenant church always function by new covenant principles.

Your brother in Christ,
Bruce

OK Let me rephrase that!   GOD has not told me to change my method of worship!   And I love that song.  My son was a missionary to Africa 10 years ago this summer.  Laura