Izzy wrote:
> I guess I'm overly cautious about looking
> like we are trying to compete with the
> church we attend, as they do encourage
> home fellowships.

That's one of the problems of the institutional church.  They make you
feel that way.  Often they insist that you ask permission for whatever
you do.  If you are not comfortable being led of the Spirit of Christ in
opening your home, then start with the covering.  However, I think you
are more mature than you realize.  Perhaps you could simply tell the
church that the Lord has led you to open your home.  Let them work with
you on it if they will.  But be careful about coming under their
covering.

The true church of Jesus Christ is actually the believers within your
city.  The believers of St. Louis are your congregation.  You should be
at least as free to operate in Christ as a citizen is to assemble in his
home without asking permission from the city council.  Where the Spirit
of Christ is, there is liberty.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.