On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:30:58 -0800 (PST) Kevin Deegan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> The devil is identified as an Angel of light in the Bible and the
> book Mormon Doctrine.

Blaine:  The devil is not identified as an Angel of Light, Kevin, he is
identified as PRETENDING to be an Angel of Light.  Satan is and always
has been a master at the art of deception and lies.

> JSH 13 At length I came to the conclusion that I must either remain
> in darkness and confusion, or else I must do as James directs, that
> is, ask of God. I at length came to the determination to “ask of
> God,” concluding that if he gave wisdom to them that lacked wisdom,
> and would give liberally, and not upbraid, I might venture.
>
> document.write(drawVerse(14,168617));14&nbsp14 So, in accordance
> with this, my determination to ask of God, I retired to the woods to
> make the attempt. It was on the morning of a beautiful, clear day,
> early in the spring of eighteen hundred and twenty. It was the first
> time in my life that I had made such an attempt, for amidst all my
> anxieties I had never as yet made the attempt to pray vocally.
>
> document.write(drawVerse(15,168618));15&nbsp15 After I had retired
> to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked
> around me, and finding myself alone, I kneeled down and began to
> offer up the desires of my heart to God. I had scarcely done so,
> when immediately I was seized upon by some power which entirely
> overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to
> bind my tongue so that I could not speak. Thick darkness gathered
> around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to
> sudden destruction.
>
> document.write(drawVerse(16,168619));16&nbsp16 But, exerting all my
> powers to call upon God to deliver me out of the power of this enemy
> which had seized upon me, and at the very moment when I was ready to
> sink into despair and abandon myself to destruction—not to an
> imaginary ruin, but to the power of some actual being from the
> unseen world, who had such marvelous power as I had never before
> felt in any being—just at this moment of great alarm, I saw a pillar
> of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun,
> which descended gradually until it fell upon me.
>
> document.write(drawVerse(17,168620));17&nbsp17 It no sooner appeared
> than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound.
>
> Who was this enemy?

Blaine:  The devil himself, probably--he seems to have arrived to oppose
this great event, whererin God himself came down from Heaven and once
again talked to a man face to face, as he did with Christ, and with
Moses.

> Why would god let such darkness attend his appearance?

Blaine:  Darkness did not ATTEND God's appearance, a column of light did.

> Since  GOD appears in a pillar of CLOUD or a pillar of FIRE, not a
> pillar of LIGHT in the bible, Who is this? The ANGEL of light;
> Satan?

Blaine:  A pillar of fire and a pillar of light sound the same to me,
Kevin.  In one less well-known account of the first vision, JS said he
thought when the leaves of the surrounding trees were contacted by the
light, they would burn.  He was surprised when they did not --sounds a
lot like Moses' bush that burned but was not consumed.

> And the siezure & binding, Was Joe possessed?

Blaine:    Apparently the devil tried to put a stop to what he knew was
about to happen.  Note that the binding ended with the appearance of the
column of light.  Light shattered the darkness, and JS was released from
the opposition of the devil.  The devil had power over Christ to tempt
him at the beginning of his ministry also, or have you not read of this
singular event in the scriptures?  Most Christians will tell you that
when they try to do good, the devil or one of his servants opposes them
in some way or other.      In the case of JS, Satan came personally, as
he did with  Christ.   He was leaving nothing to chance or the sloppy
work of his servants/angels.

> Why are there so many Satanic Manifestations in mormonism?

Blaine:  I don't know that there are?  However, the devil and his angels
are certainly threatened by the manifestation of God's power in these
latter days.  Hell raged during the time of JS, and the devil's  demons
in human form finally succeeded in killing him.   Why would they murder
their own?  They would not--if JS had been an evil man,  he would have
lived to a ripe old age.  Many righteous men have been murdered for the
truth--JS was not the first.

> Why did the MAN of SIN get reavealed at general conference in
> Kirtland with the same bound tongues and seizures?

Blaine:  I don't know what you are talking about here, please
explain-elucidate further.

> Why is it that when Mormons pray in the temple Ceremony SATAN shows
> up and Answers? When Joe prays for the FIRST TIME in his LIFE, why
> is it that the Angel of Light SATAN shows up?

Blaine:  Satan only tries to appear as an Angel of Light, as explained
above, for purposes of deception.  The symbolism in what you refer to is
sacred and is not discussed with the world.  You might try becoming a
member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, go through the
temple again, and see if you can figure it out.  (:>)Sounds llike you've
been there already???

> How do we know there was not a deal made here to let Joe go?

Blaine:  Not sure what you are talking about here--what deal?  when?

> Is Satan answering this prayer also?

Blaine:  which prayer are we talking about?

> When Moroni shows up in Joes upstairs bedroom, how did he avoid
> detection by joe's brothers, who used this same VERY Small room?

Blaine:  Obviously, JS was alone.

> He must be Very short, his feet were above the floor, the ceiling is
> 6 ft at the center peak.

Blaine:  This was a heavenly being, attended by the powers of heaven.
Did you not note the angel  "appeared." only after the light got very
bright?  When he disappeared, the light first gathered around him.
Haven't you been watching Star Trek?  LOL