Blaine:  Same--but I changed a word or two to change the tense.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] False Teachers

Similar words were again--for the third time--given to the wicked religious leaders and people of these last days,  by Jesus Christ, because it applies to them--again.   He said, more succinctly this time, and with emphasis on the modern situation, "Those professors (of religion) are all corrupt;  they draw near unto me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, They teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of Godliness, but they deny the power thereof." Note the final words, "they deny the power thereof."  This was not in the NT scripture.  It was given to this day and age.

Sounds very similar to the words in "The Prophet Joseph Smith's Testimony" pamphlet published in 1984 by the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints.  It is given out at LDS visiting centers &  historical cites. "Some were contending for the Methodist faith, some for the Presbyterian, and some for the Baptist".  Joe didn't know which of the sects were right so in the sacred grove, Joe asked God which he should join.

"I was answered I must join none of them, for they were all wrong, and the personage who addressed me said all their creeds were an admonition in His sight: that those professors were all corrupt: that they draw near me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They teach for doctrines the commandments of men; having a form a godliness, but they deny the power thereof".

Where is your quote from?