From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Therefore, using the Jewish calendar, the first day of the month was
always a new moon and the middle of the month was the full moon.
It really is that simple.  The problem is that you do not believe me,
so study some history about calendars like Blaine has and you too will
understand.

JT: You must be behind on your reading David because this thread
is resolved; I disagree with you on some other issues but this is not
one of them.  I just needed to see and understand it in God's Word
for myself - I've now seen the movie and compared to some of the
other controversies the state of the moon pales.

Actually I did do my homework and learned that watchers in Israel
would light fires when the saw the New Moon to let everyone know
that the other was coming along with some other interesting trivia.

judyt

God allows the devil to raise up heretics
to make his people study

Corresponding dates of the past with our present calendar is not always
so simple.  However, determining that the moon was full when Jesus was
crucified is VERY simple.

You don't seem to understand that the Gregorian calendar was not put
into use until 1582.  At the time of Christ, there was no Gregorian
calendar like we use today.  There were people who visually looked for
the new moon to determine when the month would start.  This day would be
a rest from worldly business, a day wherein trumpets were blown and
sacrifices were offered (see Num. 10:10, 28:11, Amos 8:5).
Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.