There is no defense of a book (BoM) that has been changed countless times.
The book has been tampered with, it has been cooked.
There are no extant copies of the source documents. No BoM sites, NO BoM peoples names recorded in any history, places or documents secular or otherwise.
It was the invention of a 19th century farm boy and his Spirit Guide Nephi later changed to Moroni.

God wrote the book he used Holy Men not a pervert like JoE.
God gave it - God preserved it.

Ps 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

According to YOU, God lost his church, God lost his word. Your god is a promiscious pipsqueak

Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kevin Deegan wrote:
There exists more than 24,000 partial & complete manuscript (mss) copies of the bible.
They are available for inspection.
The existing quotes (of portions of the New Testament) of the Bible number over 86,000
These are found in letters and documents of the "church fathers" including several thousand lectionaries (CHURCH SERVICE BOOKS CONTAINING PORTIONS OF SCRIPTURE)
Without the manuscripts all but about 11 verses could be assembled from just the quotations.

All 86,000 of these mss and many Lectionaries are available for inspection and cross checking the VALIDITY of the new testament we hold in our hands.
Where can we scrutinize the sources for the BoM?
DAVEH:  Why do you care, Kevin?  Have you not already determined it is false?  Is there anybody else in TT who thinks it is true other than a few LDS TTers?  I don't want to speak for Blaine, but I have not been pushing the BofM on anybody here.  Nor do you have any interest in considering if it is true.  So I don't feel compelled to defend it to your satisfaction---what would be the point!

    What I do find curious though is why you feel the Bible is inerrant, when you apparently aren't even sure who penned parts of it.  Who do you think wrote Hebrews, Kevin?  DavidM thought you might possibly think Paul did so, but I would like to hear your thoughts about what you believe regarding the author of Hebrews.....???

--
Dave Hansen