Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Questions set the tone

Did I miss the testimony of how you are becoming a christian? Maybe I overlooked it.

"Wm. Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My fellow TTers,

I don't think it is as cut and dried as some of you are suggesting. I am aware of what was said concerning Judas. I believe those Words ask of us an interpretive task: How do we reconcile the limited things we know about the Judas event with the greater narrative of Christ? In my mind it still goes back to Christ, Who do you say that he is? Is Christ's calling of Judas greater than Judas' betrayal? Maybe these questions are bigger than proof texting can adequately address. I'm glad I peaked your interest. A really satisfying study on this very subject is Ray S. Anderson, The Gospel According to Judas: Is There a Limit to God's Forgiveness? (Pasadena: Fuller Seminary, 1994). The bottom line as I see it is this: There is no good reason for not believing in Jesus Christ. Yet for no good reason some will refuse to believe. And they may go to hell who refuse him. But we ought not point to God for this. The only way humans can perhaps change the destiny provided them in Christ's finished and perfected work, is to finally refuse their adoption in Christ. This grounds reprobation not in God's will but in our own. This "mystery of iniquity" does not originate from above; it finds its source and ground down here, somewhere close I fear, somewhere very close to home.

Thanks,
    Bill Taylor