Kevin wrote:
> You contend that the "Scriptures" did not exist
> until, exactly when???????

Scriptures came into existence on mount Sinai when Moses received the
first of them written with God's own finger.  Later, we read about a
canon being compiled at the time of Ezra.  History informs us that
several hundreds of years before Christ, a canon of Scripture was
adopted in the Greek, known as the Septuagint.  It appears that Jesus
and Paul quoted from this canon of Scriptures.  The Jews adopted a Canon
around 90 A.D., probably because of the proliferation of Christian
writings which were being regarded as Scripture.  Their canon excluded
these "New Testament" writings.  Later in the fourth century, the
Christian Church adopted a canon of Scripture which included some of
these "New Testament" writings.  In the sixteenth century, the Roman
Catholic Church adopted another canon of Scripture which included some
inter-testament Apocryphal books.  This canon was rejected by the
Protestants.

So when I use the word "Bible" and you seek to substitute the word
"Scriptures," you are confusing the subject.  The Bible is Scripture but
Scripture is not the Bible.  By that I mean that there have been more
Scriptures than what are contained in the Bible.  We know this because
the Bible itself quotes Scripture which we do not have or whose faithful
transmission to us is in question.  If you would like some references, I
would be glad to give you a few.  Just ask.

Kevin wrote:
> The church & the Apostles & tradition are
> AUTHORITIES with one caveat!
> They must align with the word!

I agree, but notice what you did here yet again.  You consider "the
word" to be a synonym for "Scripture" which you consider to be a synonym
for "Bible" which you consider to be a synonym for the KJV Bible.  Do I
have that right?

My perspective is that the WORD is Jesus Christ, and we find Jesus
Christ expressing himself as the LOGOS in many ways.  Two major ways is
the WRITTEN WORD and the ORAL WORD.  Some today believe we only have the
WRITTEN WORD.  This is a spin off of science where we want matters to be
objective and not subjective.  There is MUCH more that could be said
about this, but I am out of time.  Sorry.  Maybe more later.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.