Well, at least the job pays well, right Perry? Izzy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charles Perry Locke
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 10:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] ELSMAN HOLDS- IN PERSONAL AD-HOMINEM OPINION

Jim, as I would say to my kids following a decision they did not relish, "I
am not running a popularity contest, I am being a parent!". It is impossible

to catch every word that might offend, to please everyone, to be exactly
consistent on every post. Much of this is due to my own biases and
sensitivieis (or lack thereof), but the hardest part is that so many of us
are sly, able to exactly walk the line between commentary and ad-hominem.
When one crosses that thin line, what do I do? Shoot from the hip and ask
questions later, or let it slide? Some disguise their ad-homs as "affection"

and "friendly teasing", while others release their darts by telling what
they "would have said" if they were the sort that would use ad-homs.

Perry the Moderator