[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 7/25/2004 11:28:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

DAVEH:  Hi John.....I am curious about how the SCM believes about current day prophets.  Were apostles and prophets a part of the restoration as they viewed it? [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Bill and I both came from a fellowship (the Restoration Movemen aka Stone-Campbell Movement) that embraced that very principle.  The Resotration motto was "speak where the Bible speaks, be silent where it is silent; call Bible things by Bible names."

John

Not really. There were only 12 apostles, you know, dispite the 15 or 16 that are named in scripture
DAVEH:  Do you not consider the additional apostles to be legitimate apostles?  It doesn't seem to me that there were only meant to be 12, but it seemed logical for there to be a succession of apostles as they died off.  Do you see it differently?
and the "prophets" became unnecessary
DAVEH:  Why would you think that, John?
as soon as God gave us the Protestant  (ah, one of your favoright words) Bible  ((as per a misuse of I Co 13 the closing verses - in my humble but correct opinion.)

John

--
Dave Hansen