Exactly Terry - couldn't have said it better.  Glad to hear that you and Vee were safe through
the storm.  jt

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:31:14 -0400 Terry Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Slade Henson wrote:
My point is the difference between the "could" [the inability] and the "would" [the unwillingness].
I don't think that Judy or any other true believer would question God's ability.  He is omnipotent.  Still ,the Bible says He could not.  I take this to mean not that He was impotent, but that He has set boundaries that He will not cross ( rules that even He will not break).

Evidently, one of those rules required an attitude on the part of those there,  that those there refused to adopt. ( similar to seeking grace without humility or salvation without repentance.)

God is unwilling to lower the bar, therefore He is unable to act as He would act if His standards were met.

That make sense?

Terry