As near as I can tell, a copy of this book is around $100 right now! I wish mine would hurry up and get here! On a serious note Slade, you just confirmed a musing of mine from a couple of years ago. Now I know I'll enjoy this book!
Jeff
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 16:02
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Republican or Democrat

I think Jesus was a liberal... but He was a religious liberal. He was not a political liberal. After all, He seemed to suggest a more passive stance against Rome than the Zealots.

Yeshua would not have been cultic. He was a House Hillel Pharisee who spoke against the conservative [religious] position held by House Shammai Pharisees. In fact, He spoke vehemently against them often (remember the "Woe to you" phrases)? [For more information on this topic, see the book... Jesus the Pharisee..." if you can find it affordable!]