In a message dated 1/11/2005 5:13:28 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

OK OK
What do you think?
If I accept DAVEH as a Christian do you think he would accept me as a Mormon?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 1/10/2005 11:51:25 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

If all Mormons are Christians then all Christians are Mormons, right?

Are all Christians Baptists?  Maybe not your best illustration.

Jd

Baptist don't accept me as a Baptist without a rite of membership.   They don't accept you, either.   But you, I and the Baptist are all Christians.    Why isn't that so.

I do not glibbly accept Dave as a Christian  --  it is based upon his answer to a question I asked about Christ.   In word (script), he expressed my faith.

I accept Dave as a Christian based upon that agreement  --   I also accept Presbyterians,  Oneness Holiness types,  disciples or followers of Benny HindEnd, RCC members  (members -  not the RCC) and the eviiiiiiiiiil Messianics  (don't panic K-S-J   I just like saying "eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil")  and I know so little about their faith .......  but I certianly know enouugh to conclude without reservation that the Messianic Triad and I are very much brethren.   Why not Handsome Hanson?       Look,  my mother-in-law is a Mormon.   She went back to Colorado last year, Xmas time, and attended one of those 20,000 member Pentecostal churches in Colorado Springs.   She attended a hugh Christian celebration  --   a presentation of the trial, death and resurrection of my Christ.   At the end, she prayed with others THE prayer.   She will never convert to denominationalism, remaining a Mormon during her life time.  She loves Bill Graham and that prayer means a lot to her.  She IS a child of God in my opinion and a Mormon.   If the Jews of the First Church could be Jews AND Christian  -----------    why not others?   Why not me?

Something else.  I think it much more condusive to influence and change if we discuss our differences as brethren  --   family members rather than as enemies.

JD