Speaking of such, I am of the opinion (have I ever been taught this???) that we are born with a propensity to sin—not actually already condemned by sin (since we haven’t yet).  So, in that case, anyone who dies prior to actually sinning is not under God’s judgment, and does not go to hell.  Is there some scriptural reason for not believing this anyone?

Doesn't the Romans message give us a view that presents sin as that which is defined by law?  Read 7: 7,8.  Until one  (a child or a special ed type) comes to the point of understanding sin as defined by law  --   there is "no sin" in terms of accountability.
I know  ---------   spoken like a true legalist,  but isn't there some truth to this?
John

That’s my view of it.  Izzy