On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:53:20 -0500 "Slade Henson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Again, you have no concept of the procedure. If the sacrificial systems did nothing for the conscience, it was a terrible joke to play on the Children of Israel....

No it was certainly no joke which some learned the hard way, it was obedience to the voice of God through his prophet Moses.

"Hey, Jesus, check this out," Abba says. "I'm gonna give them consciences so they feel guilty about doing something wrong. Then, to compound their wretched problem, I'm going to demand they kill an innocent lamb because of that sin, so their guilty feelings can be yet increased!! HAHA! Isn't that funny??!"  --slade

Then how would you change the following Slade to make it fit your belief system:
"The Holy Ghost this signifying that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing which was a figure for the time then present in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, THAT COULD NOT MAKE HIM THAT DID THE SERVICE PERFECT AS PERTAINING TO THE CONSCIENCE. (Hebrews 9:8,9)  judyt

I don't claim to understand everything about Yom Kippur Slade. I just know that the day of atonement happened
yearly because the blood of bulls and goats could do nothing for the conscience.  However, Jesus sacrifice is once
and for all and His blood is able to remit sin.