[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 1/14/2005 5:45:58 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The soul that sinneth, it shall die -- is not a true statement for those who are in Christ.ÂÂ

JD, then by your theology there will be very few in hell, and most everyone in heavenâcorrect? Izzy

Jere 31:34 contains a wonderful promise "there sins I will remember no more." That phrase, to my way of thinking, has to mean something that was not the case under the Moasical Covenant (did I say that correctly, Mester Slade -- "Mosaical Cov ") We are saved by grace throught faith apart from our working of the Law. Our/His faith is reckoned as if it were personal righteousness -- and we are saved, in part, because of that consideration on the part of God. Few - many? Well, I believe scripture, Linda. A whole bunch of people will be saved via the gracious consideration of the Lord. A whole bunch more will be lost, choosing to serve the created rather than the Creator.

JD
Good post John. Clear, understandable, and true.
Terry