[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 1/14/2005 5:51:00 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Would you say that language such as Jonathan's was one of those ways?  If I said that about you or him, would I be accused of ad hominem speech?
Terry

Rudeness was what Jonathan was reacting to.  "Prick" and "rudeness" have equal ancestry, as it were.  We both know that  --  so does Jonathan.   But the kid is a little tired of the wrangle.   He does not see why we cannot simply say  "OK, I see your point but what about this  ....."   Over the months, I would say he has developed a respect for BillyT.  He apparently becomes a rather  unpleasent force when his friends are put down or hurt.  Not an entirely negative quality.

John
Would you please tell me where I was rude?  Is it rude to tell the truth, that truth being that I did not feel challenged by anything Bill said.
 Have we beconme politically correct, like the world, so that the truth becomes rude?  Would you rather I lie so that Jonathan and Bill can feel good about themselves.  Jonathan is an unpleasant force no matter how his friends are treated.  He seems like a spoiled brat that always got his way and cannot stand for people to disagree with him.
Terry