Judy wrote:
>>> ... so little interest in God's Word.

DavidM:

Gary wrote:
> myth [neither of you are more interestd than,
> e.g., John Calvin in Christ;

You yanked our comments out of context.  I did not have Calvin in mind.  I
had some of the people on this list in mind.  I have little doubt that if
Calvin were on this list, he would welcome Scripture and never react the way
some on this list have to the quoting of Scripture.  He would instead write
pages upon pages explaining with Scripture himself the right way to think.
He was a very good lawyer.

My perspective is that John Calvin had a keen interest in Jesus Christ and
the Scriptures.  His written studies put what little I have written to
shame, and as you point out, he has had an influence upon history that far
surpasses mine.  One might question what kind of influence he has had (good
or bad), but there is no doubt that he left his mark on the world that far
surpasses mine or anyone else on this list.

Gary wrote:
> ... you both reflect high degrees of contemporary
> holier than thou religious arrogance

Thank you.  They accused Jesus of this, so it is expected that his disciples
also would be accused of this.  The disciple is not above his master.  I
take this comment of yours as a compliment and wear it as a badge of honor.
:-)