From: Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Charles Perry Locke wrote:

DaveH,

Something is being twisted here beyond it's bounds. The term "street preacher" refers to all evangelicals that preach in the open air, but you are using it to refer to those that offend you.

DAVEH: ??? I don't recall saying any of the street preachers offended me. Are you certain that is what you think I said, Perry? If so, may I suggest you misunderstood me.

So, you were not offended by anything the street preachers you have heard or read about in SLC a year or two ago, waving mormon undies and yelling and shouting at people at the GC? If that did not offend you at all, then I have misrepresented your feelings on the issue.

That is not fair, it is a stereotype based on the actions of just a few by your subjectivit judgement.

DAVEH: ??? You are losing me on this, Perry. How did I stereotype the street preachers? I thought I had qualified them as some, or such, with each post where I spoke of them protesting in SLC. Did I forget to do that on any of my posts? If so....I did it inadvertently.

DaveH, I am referring to the following statement: "I wonder if the street preachers consider the impact they have on Christianity as a whole. I also ponder how Jesus would view their antics."

I am not saying that there are not any street preachers that act rudely someimes. I am saying that the statement you made above appears to lump all street preachers into one group, i. e., those who you feel have a (negative) impact on Christianity because of their "antics". I was simply pointing this out so that you, and others, would not begin to get the negative impression that "street preachers", in general, are all rude. That is how stereotyping begins, and I would like to nip it in the bud, so to speak. By and in large, street preachers have been called to do God's work in many ways and places that most of us would never dare to do or go. Do you understand what I am saying?

Perry

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org