In a message dated 4/13/2005 8:20:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I realize that the popular concept today is that God is not a legalist.  Is there any Biblical reason for this concept?  It seems to me that Jesus would not have had to die if God was not a legalist.  God could just accept everyone without having made any sacrifice for them, couldn't he?  What is all this whole idea of shedding the blood of the innocent, spotless lamb if not provoked by legalism?

As long as the two us function with differing definitions (regarding "legalist") , a continued discussion is really not possible.

JD