Lance, I was not comparing Kevin to Jesus. I was comparing the relative poularity of the two within their respective contexts. The main point, which you may have missed, is that doing the right thing for the right reasons is not always popular. I suspect that Jesus' approach was, in the eyes of the money lenders, as unpopular as Kevin's approach is with you. One big difference...Kevin's approach is not affecting your income!

Perry

From: "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org>
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [TruthTalk] baptism
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:47:19 -0400

I know Jesus. Kevin is no Jesus. Very bad illustration, Charles Perry Locke.
(heretofor 'Chuckie' after the films)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Perry Locke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org> Sent: May 11, 2005 10:31 Subject: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [TruthTalk] baptism

> Lance, do you think Jesus was giving Christianity a "bad rap" when he
> overturned the moneylenders' tables in the temple? Instead, should he have
> quoted some 2nd century BC greek philospopher on the existential qualities
> of selling in the temple, then entered into meaningful dialog about what
the
> philosopher really meant, whether or not it applies today, and then
> discussed how different interpretations of the scripture (OT) fit in with
> the philosophy? Lets be Real Christians, okay?
>
> >From: "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: <TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org>
> >Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: [TruthTalk] baptism
> >Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:39:55 -0400
> >
> >It amazes me that could could ask this of Dave, Perry! ,at least without
> >'smiley'. Kevin is a jerk and, he comes accross as one (I probably do as
> >well) on TT. I bet he does 'on the street' also. It is such that give
> >christianity a bad rep. He probably sees himself as 'suffering for the
> >cause
> >of Christ' whereas it's just the 'jerk factor' in play.
> >
> >Kevin:Speaking JtoJ we ought to keep this in mind.

He
> > > backs up all of his biblical claims with scripture references, and not
> >just
> > > one or two, with several to many. He backs up what he claims about the
> > > Mormon church with statements from your own non-prophets and leaders.
He
> >has
> > > a passion for the Lord, and quite evidently has been called to use
this
> > > passion, and his knowledge of the Word, to spread the gospel. I would
> >expect
> > > him to act no differently on TT than he does on the street. Just
because
> >he
> > > does not fit your idea of what Truth Talk should be does not mean that
> >his
> > > exchanges are not meaningful. In fact, in terms of proclaiming the
> >gospel
> > > the unsaved, Kevin is probably doing more on TT than any other poster.
> >He
> > > steadfastly sticks to the message, not straying into the
> >pseudo-intellectual
> > > realms of so many posts. Those things are often titillating and fun to
> > > ponder, but when it comes down to it, either you believe or you don't.
> > >
> > > Perry

> >yourself)
> >other
> >belief,