This, of course, is not the objection.    It is not "tolerance" that is in question, but effectiveness of ministry  (not to mention rudeness).   I personally believe that for everyone "brought to the Lord"  via some form of the Screaming Ministry,   there are dozens who effected in the very opposite way.   I suppose that is why we see almost no street ministry out here on the left coast.   Intervention ministries, benevolent ministries, home church programs, youth and campus ministries seem to be the things that work best and turn the lest number of people off.

Jd  ---------   back at long last

-----Original Message-----
From: David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Sat, 14 May 2005 12:19:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [Bulk] [TruthTalk] baptism

Caroline wrote:
> Someone I don't know, trust, believe or even like shouting at me
> stuff that is offensive to my ears is disturbing my right to peace
> and quiet and my right to be unmolested  and intimidated when
> I enter my place of worship.

Hmmm.  Is there a problem with tolerance here?  You don't have a right to
quietness when you are outside your "place of worship" (place of worship? --
another topic that needs addressing at another time).  When you are inside
your "place of worship" then you have a right to quietness.  Those who want
quietness in public places do not really believe in free speech.