BLAINE:  I was hoping someone would pick up on the issue of traditional bigotry being overcome as individuals interacted with one another over a long period of time.  The book was supposedly true, not sure whether the Hollywood movie version took it into the area of fiction or no. I don't recall the movie as well as the book.   It contained one part where the press was invited into the school to do a news writeup, and instead of writing about the good things being done in the school, they wrote about what they thought the public with "itching ears" would want to hear, which was a lot of stereotyped lies.  Reminded me of how Kevin and company operates, . . . hmmmm.  :-)