From: David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:51:48 -0400
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Jesus of the Bible

John wrote:
> The works-salvationists on this forum (including
> our Mormon friends   --   that's right, you
> [deegan, JT and DM]  and the Mormons only
> argue about different rules and doctrines while
> refusing to see that your frame of reference is
> the same !!)  imply in the argumentation that
> obedience is the path to maturity when, in point
> of fact, such is not the case in any other ontological
> consideration.   If you are nurtured YOU WILL
> GROW UP no matter what.   Obedience of which
> you speak   has nothing to do with that process.

First, John, let me set the record straight yet again that I am NOT a
works-salvationist.

Second, what you argue here is like someone arguing that a person will grow
up no matter what, regardless of what they eat.  In regards to a person's
spiritual state, disobedience is like urging someone to eat Krispy Creme
Donuts for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or worse, like urging them to eat
poison.  Now, surely you must understand that in one case, a person's growth
is hindered, and in the other case, the person's growth is stopped and they
die!  Think about it.

Obedience is a good thing.  It is what Jesus Christ creates within us, and
all those who name the name of Christ are called to walk in obedience and
produce good works.

Ephesians 2:10
(10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.