John, if you feel that his statement is a fantasy, the proper approach is to refute his assertion. Perry

I have done so in the past to no avail. Such a discussion always winds up being a debate over subjective issues.   Failure will be the only outcome between opponents.    Rather than a protracted discussion of personal issues,  I prefer biblical issues since that is the reason why I came to this forum in the first place.

JD

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Perry Locke <cpl2602@hotmail.com>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:28:59 -0700
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] ad-hominem discussion

John,

  David's wording of "using yet another one of your meaningless tautologies" instead of something less directed, does sound more emotional in nature than had he said simply "using a tautology" [the word "meaningless" is redundant since it is implied by the fact that a tautology is being claimed], and I can understand how you would take it that way. But I do not believe that David intended this as an attack on you, otherwise I feel certain that he would have admitted it and apologized. He has told me himself that he believes people can post things that appear ad-hominem, or that another takes that way, that are not intended to be so. And, since he does not sin, I am sure he would have apologized had he really meant it that way.

 David, I hope this does not sound like a patronization of your statement that you do not sin, but I believe that if you at all meant it in the sense John is stating that the spirit would have convicted you and you would have apologized. Am I right on this?