[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hey Iz, To my knowledge, Joseph Smith never said what color the sky was.  (If I said he did, would you argue the point? :>).  However,  he once pointed up into the night sky towards the constellation Sagittarius, and said,  "God lives up yonder."   It turns out he was, according to discoveries made in the early 1900's,  pointing right into the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.  That seems a logical place for God to live, but then that is IMHO.
Blainerb

In a message dated 7/29/2005 9:23:59 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
JD, if I said the sky is blue you would argue with it.  Don't you ever get tired of being obtuse? Prayer CAN also be verbal! Remember, Jesus did it? And Jesus told us how to pray (verbally)??? And it was actually, like, talking to God? (duh.) What was the Lord's Prayer all about, anyway? iz

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 7:23 PM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Spiritual death

Thamas had a conversation with Christ.   Prayer is something much different,  sometimes requiring the assistance of the Spirit when our words are not sufficient.   In fact, we are told to "pray without ceasing."   If you think pryaer is talking  --  you are lost on this one.  Prayer is much more a communion with God than is talking to Him.

JD